Basic Parry and Thrust Drills
1) Evade to the left and deliver a low
outward slash or parry...
2) Immediately fire a quick thrust, straight between the eyes.
3) Evade back and to the right as you parry
or slash to the low inside line...
4) Immediately fire a thrust or back-cut to the throat.
5) Parry or slash to the low inside with the
rear weapon while thrusting to the face with the lead one,
6) Parry or slash to the low outside with the lead weapon while thrusting to the face with the rear one
1) Mike and I square off, I've got a hand axe and
an Arkansas Toothpick, and he has a sword.
2) Mike thrusts to my body, I parry down and out with the axe, passing with the lower beard.
3) Immediately I shoot out with the dagger to check (cut) his hand...
4) ...and throw a forehand strike to the head with the axe as a continuation of the initial parry, but Mike is quick and blocks the strike on the haft with his left arm.
5) Immediately I pull down with the axe to trap his arm and thrust up with the dagger to his throat.
6) Close up of the arm trap with the lower beard of the axe.